Monday, October 8, 2012

Grandaddy

 Before I keep going with the blog posts, I need to interrupt to honor a very very special man.  On September 19, Drew's grandaddy, Carl Cochran, passed away.  We all loved Grandaddy so much and he will certainly be missed.  I am personally so thankful that I was able to get to know him and that Chase and Hank got to meet him.  Drew is so blessed to have grandparents that have gotten to see him through so many phases in life, and I am so thankful that I also get to be a part of such a special family.  Grandaddy was a quiet man, but I will never forget the conversations that I had with him.  He always had a smile on his face, and took time to listen.  It was so neat to hear each person talk at his funeral....I know that Heaven is rejoicing and what a comfort to know that we will spend eternity with him.  I am later writing this post than I would have liked to have been, but it is neat that the day I finally get to sit down and write it is on Grandaddy's birthday!  Here are a few pictures through the years of Grandaddy with his great grandchildren....

Chase's first time to meet Grandaddy (May 2010)...


 Four generations of Cochran boys- what a blessing!


Grandaddy was so sweet to come to Chase's dedication (September 2010)....


This is one of my favorite pictures of Grandaddy...I love the big smile on his face!  This is at Chase's first birthday party (April 2011)...

 This was at Granny's family reunion 2011...


Grandaddy with four of his great grandchildren (Aaron, Chase, George, and Hank) on Thanksgiving Day 2011- this was Hank's first time to meet Grandaddy....



We were so thankful that Grandaddy also got to come to Hank's dedication in March 2012...
Hank with Pops and Grandaddy at the Cochran's house Easter 2012....

On September 19, our nephew, George turned one!  How special that George turned one the same day that Grandaddy went home to be with Jesus!  Happy Birthday George!


No comments:

Post a Comment