Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Daddy's Match Day

On March 16, we all gathered at UAB to learn where I would do my residency training, starting in a few months at the completion of medical school. Most would say that "match day" is more important than graduation day. We were all hopeful, but a little anxious about where I would end up. Thankfully, we are staying in Birmingham for the next 4 years. I will do my intern year in surgery at Princeton and Trinity hospitals. After that year, I'll do 3 years of anesthesiology at UAB. It was a fun day for all; Chase and Hank did very well in an auditorium for about 3 hours.

Daddy and Chase going to learn our results
Announcing that we would be staying in Birmingham
Signing my name on the map
A happy (and relieved) family
My parents and the Stanleys came back to our house following the ceremony for lunch. My parents brought some good roast beef, baked potatoes, green beans, salad and banana pudding. The Stanleys got a chocolate cake. We had a good time celebrating.

Gran and Hank, hanging out

After the lunch, we went to Lowes to buy some flowers and plants to "pretty up" our house a bit. Chase had to help me push the cart. He also enjoyed riding on it as well. It was a fun trip and a good stress release from our morning cooped up in an auditorium.

No comments:

Post a Comment