Sunday, September 15, 2013

...And one more makes 5! (or 6 if we count our sweet Ruby:)

Our family is growing!  I am sure if you are reading this blog, then you already know that since I am currently in my third trimester; however, I still wanted to record it :)  We found out this past April that we are having another baby and we couldn't be more excited!  I am due December 15 and we found out this past July that we are having another boy!  We are ecstatic about having three little boys!!!  Chase and Hank are sooo excited too!  They went to the ultrasound with us....Chase had already decided that we were having a boy, so he wasn't surprised...I don't really think any of us were surprised to be quite honest :) 

We are going to name him "Andrew Zbinden Cochran" and call him "Zip".  "Andrew" is after Drew, of course, and "Zbinden" is after Drew's Nana and Papa.  Papa was George Zbinden, and many knew him as "Zip" or "Papa Zip".  Drew and I have always loved the thought of naming a child "Zip" after him, so we are really excited to be able to do that.  If our little Zip is even half the man that Papa was, he will be doing just fine!  It is also pretty fitting that he is due to be born at Christmas time and Nana and Papa were always known to dress up as Santa and Mrs. Claus at Christmas...how special!



I do have to mention Chase's reaction to the name.  For the longest time, he really wanted to name the baby Patrick...to the point that I ran into one of his friend's moms at school one day, and she said "So Chase tells me y'all are going to name the baby Patrick":)  Then, every night, when Drew would pray for "Zip", Chase would whisper "Patrick" under his breath.  He is so funny...and I need to point out that we have no ties to the name Patrick whatsoever :)  However, he has now accepted the name "Zip" and he is very excited that Zip will be here when Santa comes...I hope he is not disappointed if Zip gets here before Santa!  Hank is so excited too, and it is so sweet to hear his little voice say "Zip".   We cannot wait for this sweet baby to be here and we are so so thankful for him and love him so much already!


No comments:

Post a Comment